Nonprofit / Executive Risk
Damian J. Arguello successfully secured insurance coverage for a CEO of a nonprofit organization ousted in a dispute with the organization’s new Board of Directors. The CEO brought a wrongful termination action against the nonprofit, which counterclaimed, alleging the CEO committed various wrongful acts.
Damian J. Arguello persuaded the nonprofit’s D&O insurer that it was required to defend the CEO against the nonprofits counterclaim, even though the insurer was also defending the nonprofit against the CEO’s employment claim.
When to Hire an Insurance Attorney
- Denied Insurance Claims
- Delayed Claim Payments
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Bad Faith Claims
- Unfair Claim Handling
- Contract requires party to carry insurance
- Agreement has indemnity/hold harmless provision
- Merger/acquisition requiring insurance due diligence
- Case where any litigant may have insurance
- Client questions insurance adequacy